JudoFly X (3)
I’ll say firstly I really like this gi. My first was the JudoFly 2. This one feels softer than the last one, and while that isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it’s not quite as punishing as the second one. Really, it’s just a preference. The pants also don’t feel quite as heavy duty. I DO like the redesign of the belt loops. Much easier to adjust. Overall, I like the gi a lot. It’s my first choice right now.
I wanted this gi for a long time it’s and amazing gi to wear super comfortable. Will naturally shrink a bit overtime as you wash it even without warm water or machine drying though for me it shrank to be about perfect on me.
This is the best gi I have ever had. Now I have had probably 30 gis by now, from all different companies. I have never once gone back and bought the same brand, same color, etc... until now. I have bought 5 JudoFlys and 5 other various models that are available. They all fit the way they should, they wear the way they should and they shrink the way they should. I am an odd size to fit. I am 5'8", 215lbs with a 48in chest and a 34in waist. When I go buy a suit, I get the top in the fat guy section and the pants in the skinny guy section. But the JudoFly fits like perfection. So that being said, let me pick apart your 1 star review.
1) I get it, you are entitled to your opinion. However, if you start to complain that it isn't made in the US, save it and look at the place of manufacture of your car, or how about your jeans. Now all of a sudden you are holding your gi maker to another standard. Really? It's a just gi, dude.
2) You don't like the large "YCTH", or the orange tag? So don't buy the gi, send it back. Have you tried researching why it's there? Have you read the "YCTH" monologue? You're the dude that complains when I heel hook you, because you have to complain about something, ALL THE TIME!
3) There are loose threads on the logo on the gi. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THREAD IT TAKES TO DO THAT!? Guess what, you are going to find some loose threads. Do what I do, get the nail clippers out and the few you find, clip them off, easy day. Problem solved. Oh wait you have to whine about that too, of course. When you put on your ridonkulous Affliction shirt and your "cool guy" True Religion pants, you WILL find more "Irish pennants" (relax it's a military term) on those then you will on your gi. And to go back to my first point....IT'S A GI, RELAX!
4) ...and probably my favorite comment "I do Judo 30 year" guy. Listen, I don't know where to start. I guess I'll leave your lack of grasp on the English language, alone. If you want to a true Judo Gi, go get a judo gi. This is a BJJ gi that has some judo qualities. It sure as hell isn't flimsy. This is my tournament gi, because when you grab the lapel it's like grabbing a 4x4 piece of wood. All my training partners are high level guys who wear JudoFly for training as well. You can't get enough of a grip to choke someone when they wear this thing. So my game had to increase.
5) You think it's too expensive for what you get? I challenge you to see how long this thing will last. I bet you'll buy fewer gi's. Now you are spending LESS money.
The JudoFly is a great gi at the right price. It will last you much longer than any other gi out there. Of course it's not make in the US. If it was, the quality would be the same but the gi would cost you $620. If you have an issue with Pakistan, I'd say "not sure why you think you're so awesome that you get to have a foreign policy". You will love the JudoFly. I encourage you to give it a try, you will not be sorry.
Hyperfly is the best bjj gear by far! My gi is perfect in all ways. Size is great and quality is superb! Best thing about Hyperfly is the motto..
The only complaint I have is the sleeves shrunk after washing on cold and hang drying.